Saturday, July 10, 2010

Seeking the Things Above: Random Link Time [Summer 2010]

I have been stumbling on some awesome tools lately:
So I wanted to pass them along...

Websites: (These are more so reading options and great tools to answer questions, and further your knowledge on the word).

I'll Be Honest





Awesome Link full of goodies that have helped me with Life.
Authentic Honesty from a genuine venue.
Check out the Sermon Jams or the FAQs.









Desiring God



This ministry is run by John Piper and a couple of awesome individuals giving glory to God :) The resource library is full of links, and articles and everything!






Monergism

 The ultimate source for all things reformed. The FAQ section is amazing, all the questions you could ever want to ask and more.



Third Mill Ministries

 Third Millennium Ministries is ran by Dr.Richard Pratt. Free resources and great theologians breaking down the scriptures.


Churches: Awesome churches that are fully loaded with sound teaching and doctrine!

Village Church

  Village Church is run by Pastor Matt Chandler. This resource page is loaded with worship music, articles, and expository teaching.









Harvest Bible Chapel Miami

This church is very special to me because it's my home church :). It's about 9 months old and it's a church plant led by Pastor Jason Fevig. It is associated with Harvest Bible Chapel led by Dr.James Macdonald. This link goes straight to the sermon page. We have been doing a 17 week or so teaching titled "Beyond the Limit" on Colossians. Legit and Essential!


Music

I love all sorts of music and I have found that God has provided some awesome outlets for me to listen to and he gets all the glory. I listen to quite a large amount but these are some jams that I am listening to this summer.

Reach Records 
- Lecrae , Sho Baraka , Trip Lee , Tedashii and Dj Official! 

Jimmy Needham

He has three albums out right now Speak Not Without Love and Nightlights. His music is absolutely amazing and inspiring. These three albums present a message of redemption and hope. They are convicting and also very encouraging. Please check him out, you will not be disappointed.




Jon Foreman 
  Jon Foreman is one of the members of Switchfoot. His solo work is broken down into Winter, Fall , Spring and Summer. All of his works points towards our need for something greater. Brutally honest , broken and beautiful.








Zach Williams
Storytime by Zach Williams has such an interesting feel to it. When I first heard him perform LIVE at the Culture Room in Ft. Lauderdale I was not completely convinced of the music but his presence was that of openness. He exudes individuality in a way that still manages to bring everything together.






Plumbline Collective

Plumbline Collective is a group of four guys that glorify God to the fullest. This music is my one stop for reformed Christian music , and it's biblically sound and loaded with scripture.








JJ Heller


JJ Heller captured my heart with her song Your Hands.  This indie singer's voice is captivating and the truth she presents hits me in a new way.







FlyLeaf

My friend Mati got me into this band and they have been growing on me ever since.







Needtobreathe


Washed by the Water, Lay Em Down, and Something Beautiful are just a couple songs from this band. Needtobreathe points to the only thing in life that gives us air; Christ.








John Mark Mcmillan



John Mark Mcmillan's album The Medicine was just released a couple days ago. I can not explain the excitement for this album in words. It reminds me how much God loves us. It's not the rainbows, butterflies, flower bouquet kind of love. It is the sacrificial , blood shedding, unconditional , agape love. It's not packaged in anything else but the cross.



Mat Kearney

Mat Kearney's album is one that is a testimony. Christ has clearly taken him on a journey and he has taken notes. Enjoy!








SO the Kid


SO the Kid's mixtape the five solas is available for download for FREE! Another source of great reformed, biblically sound, God glorifying music.







Meredith Andrews

Praise God for Meredith Andrews! She is humble and reminds listeners to exalt our King, our Lord of Lords, our Messiah. Her album is loaded with exhortations and edifying words.







Lauryn Hill Unplugged 2.0 - It is a series of about 14 songs along with Guarding the Gates (my new favorite).


I'm not sure if Lauryn Hill is Christian or not, but when listening to this album you quickly find that she has grasped something much bigger than herself.






Sanctus Real

 Lead Me, Face of Love , We Need Each Other are just a few songs from Sanctus Real. This is a great album , filled with beautiful melodies and a brokenness that only Christ could fix.





  

Books- I am sometimes known for reading a million different things at once. The books are truly addicting because of the truth spewing from them. I have narrowed down my reading list to the three books that I am concentrating on along with the Bible of course.

This Momentary Marriage - John Piper
The Cost of Discipleship- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Don't Waste Your Life - John Piper

The most important source of all for Summer 2010:

The Bible - it is the run to, and primary source this summer. The one essential accessory that you shouldn't be without.

I think I'll be adding to this as the summer continues. I encourage you to check some of these resources out, and if you have more I would love to use them!

- Grace and Peace
Steph. 
  



2 comments:

Brad said...

That's a list! Been using Desiring God and Monergism for years. Good finds.

Stephanie Laferriere said...

Thanks! I'm just getting into the amazing world of theology and monergism. It is a land mine waiting to be discovered. I am constantly in awe of Christ and his providence and grace and just about everything else.

Post a Comment