Friday, September 17, 2010

A Mirror is Harder to Hold.

Those that know Jesus, how much do you really love him? I mean ask yourself how much do you really love him? Are you willing to sacrifice, fight? Are you willing to deny everything that keeps you from him simply because he's greater? Simply because you love him? Are you willing to love him in the moments where nothing is happening and hold on to him when chaos comes? Are you willing to run after him, chase after him until you can't anymore? Do you love him because you've been told to love him or do you love him because he sought to save you when you deserved hell, when you were beyond dead in your sins? We use love so freely, tonight I'm asking myself how much do I love this man,this God I claim to follow? Do I love him to the point when I care not about me but rather him glorifying himself through me? Do I love him enough to walk the narrow road alone when others oppose me. Am I willing to be alone? Am I willing to drop certain friends, make career choices, humble myself? We sing this in songs,we say this with our words but do we mean it. Are We Willing?
I know and I remember vividly what life was before Christ. I knew not of my sickness until I was offered redemption. Before Christ I was a selfish , harlot, who thrived on perfection and approval for others. I was in the top of my class. I was leading many children at church. I was popular and intelligent. I was living for nothing, fighting for nothing but what I wanted. I was a hypocrite and I was hopeless.

Lately I have been running in a direction that may seem to be detrimental, but Christ being abundant in grace is always calling me back. I want to run hard like I'm in a marathon. I want to live the words my savior spoke.
The problem is I have been relying on my strength to be perfect. I have forgotten that I need complete dependence on Christ and the Holy Spirit.
 How much of our love are we showing Christ in private. Are we loving him, are we praising him for his awesomeness, for his faithfulness? Are we following him besides just what is evident to others?
I hope this propels self examination, I hope this proves how much a fallen girl like me needs such a super savior.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Ouch. We all need self-examination such as this on a daily basis. We still need to preach the truths of the gospel to ourselves everyday. Thanks.

Post a Comment